America has the Rocky Road bar, England has the Chocolate Fridge Cake, Ruby Makes is taking the road less travelled and combining the two to bring you the…
The Ruby Makes team are not unanimously a fan of nuts or glace cherries, so the traditional Rocky Roads recipe would not do. We love the fudginess of Chocolate Refriderate Cake, but aren’t so keen on the biscuit pieces and that was when we had our light bulb moment, a stroke of true genius! We added cookie dough…
…I know. Allow your inner glutton a moment to recover and we shall reveal all.
125g butter, softened
3 tbsps golden syrup
3 bars good quality chocolate (we used all dark, but you could use all milk or even both)
100g mini marshmallows
200g cookie dough
(for our measurements we used Nigella’s Rocky Road Crunch Bars recipe as reference)
- Melt the butter, syrup and chocolate in a saucepan over a low to medium heat, stirring often to prevent burning.
- You can tear or scoop out chunks of cookie dough, but we decided to loosely roll them in to small, bite sized pebbles. Rather a lot of quality controlling took place at this point…
- Tip the marshmallows and cookie dough nuggets in to the chocolate mixture and stir until everything is coated.
- Pour in to a brownie tin that has been lined with clingfilm, and chill for about 3 hours.
- The result is VERY delicious but rich, so we chopped ours in to bite sized pieces, like a sweetie rather than a cake.
If, unlike us, you are a healthy person you could add dried cranberries, pistachios…the possibilities are endless. But seriously, don’t forget the cookie dough!