We love Harry Potter, which led us – in our mission to bring you Halloween inspired makes only this month – to brainstorm this tasty treat, Snitch Cake Pops! They’d be great for trick-or-treaters, a Halloween buffet or just plain ole piggin’ out 😀
You will need:
12 plain sponge fairy cakes
Betty Crocker buttercream style vanilla icing
white chocolate (we used a bag of Milky Bar Buttons)
Dr Oetker Gold Shimmer Spray
skewers or cake pop sticks
plain white paper
- Crumble up your sponges in to a bowl. We used eight in total, it’s better to have some spare incase your mixture is too loose.
- Add the buttercream to the crumbs. Three large desert spoons were enough for us. Mix well.
- Shape the mixture in to balls using your hands, then let them chill in the fridge for about 20 minutes.
- When they’ve chilled, melt your chocolate and coat the cake balls in it. This part is a bit tricky and very messy. Insert your sticks then put them back in the fridge to chill for about an hour.
- While you’re waiting you can make the wings. Take a small square of white paper, about 4 or 5cm wide. Fold it over in to a triangle.
- Fold again so you have an even smaller triangle.
- Make some cuts as we’ve shown in the picture below.
- Open the paper right out, put a bit of glue down the center line and stick on to a bit of skewer that you’ve trimmed to size (or you could use a cocktail stick instead.) Make two for each snitch.
- Next spray the snitches with the gold shimmer spray. This was also quite messy, so we stuck all our cake pops in to half a watermelon so we could do them all in one go.
- Lastly stick a pair of wings in to each snitch…and you’re done!