Our creepy make for today is an awesome idea from our lovely cousins, Faith and Maisy. Faith showed us how to make these fantastic biting bookmarks, so we could share the tutorial with you.
You will need:
Coloured or patterned paper or card (either is fine, card will probably last a bit longer)
A piece of white paper
A black pen
- Start with a square of paper, 13cm by 13cm.
- Fold it in half to make a rectangle, then fold in half again so you have a small square. Crease well.
- Open the paper back out and cut out one of the squares.
- Next fold the two end squares in half to make triangles. Crease well.
- Cut the outer half of the triangle off.
- Fold one triangle over so that it covers the top half of your remaining square.
- Put some glue on it and then fold the other triangle over on top of it. Leave to dry.
- Place the bookmark over a corner of your white paper and draw some fangs (on the white paper), then cut them out and stick to your bookmark.
- With your black pen, draw some fierce eyes on the white paper and cut these out and stick to your bookmark.
- Leave it to dry and it’s ready to use! Attach it to the corner of your page to mark your place.
It’s such a simple idea and you could go as crazy and spooky with it as you like. Make your bookmark into a werewolf by using brown paper and attaching ears, or maybe a vampire with white paper, black hair and red inside the mouth. We’d love to see what you make!