Check us out! It’s a week to go until Valentine’s Day and we have our make all ready – we’re getting quite good at this deadline business.
Valentine’s cards are lovely, but you know what’s even lovelier? Chocolate. So, we have combined a heartfelt message with chocolate to bring you our…
The Box ~ You will need:
An empty paracetamol box (or anything around that size)
Heart shaped cookie cutter or template (but you can always draw by hand)
Craft knife or scissors
- Place your heart in the centre of the box and draw around it with a marker pen.
- Using your craft knife or scissors, cut the shape out.
- Tear your newspaper in to strips and, using glue mixed with a little water, coat each strip with the mixture and cover the box. You can cover over the join at the bottom of the box, but make sure you can still open and close it at the top.
- When this is dry (you will need to leave it overnight) give your box a few base coats of white paint – then you may decorate it however you like (paints, pens, stickers, glitter).
Chocolate Bark ~ You will need:
A bar of milk chocolate
A packet of white chocolate buttons
- Shape the foil round your box, so that you have a mold the same size and shape.
- Break up the milk chocolate and carefully melt it in the microwave. Heat it for 30 seconds at a time and keep checking and stirring until its just melted.
- Pour the melted chocolate in to your mold.
- Break up some of the white chocolate buttons and scatter them over your milk chocolate.
- Then pick the Loveheart who’s message you like the most and stick this in the centre of the bark.
- Leave to set in the fridge until completely solid.
- Remove the bark from the foil and pop it inside the box. You’re done! 😀
Just incase you were worrying we’d gone totally girly on you, we have a more boy/tomboy orientated make coming up next…stay tuned!…